PS4 vs Xbox 720/infinity/8/loop

Moderator: Xbox360 Staff

Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
XBOX Gamertag: lnfinitii

PS4 vs Xbox 720/infinity/8/loop

Post by Infinitii »

Hey you gamers! With the two consoles coming out, possible this October, it opens up a lot of discussion and perhaps forward planning on what people may be purchasing when they come out.

Not much info has been given out, but I must say the ps4 controllers look awesome so far.

I wanted to ask what you guys were planning on getting, especially the members of the xbox div, because I may switch to a PS4 instead of the xbox only because I really want to play the new kingdom hearts games. But then if that means that I'd be leaving behind the WHOLE xbox community then I don't know, I'd probably change my mind. It is completely dependent on the number of you guys that are planning on switching to sony.

There are speculations that the xbox will be better too, but I really do love the kingdom hearts series. It's what hooked me to the PS2 and I've loved everything about the game since.
The prettiest colours!
Sunny
LoL Member
LoL Member
XBOX Gamertag: RokkaFellah
LoL Name: Beatlefield

Re: PS4 vs Xbox 720/infinity/8/loop

Post by Sunny »

I'm probably switiching to Sony aswell.

But did they already announced the new XBOX-Generation yet?
Angela Merkel wrote:Das Internet ist für uns alle #Neuland.
Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet

Post by Infinitii »

Sunny wrote:I'm probably switiching to Sony aswell.

They are speculated to reveal it around april. However I think the hardware specs have come out already, or maybe they are just rumours.

I found out that the ps4 will not be backwards compatible. WTF! Apparently the Xbox 720 will be tho.
The prettiest colours!
Sunny
LoL Member
LoL Member

Post by Sunny »

Infinitii wrote:
Sunny wrote:I'm probably switiching to Sony aswell.

They are speculated to reveal it around april. However I think the hardware specs have come out already, or maybe they are just rumours.

I found out that the ps4 will not be backwards compatible. WTF! Apparently the Xbox 720 will be tho.
Means you can't play XBOX360-games on 720?
If yes, there is no reason to pay for batteries and XBOXLIVe for the next generation, PS, here I come!
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran
STEAM: Vertebratan
BATTLE.NET: Vertebratan
XBOX Gamertag: Vertebratan
LoL Name: Vertebratan

Post by Barcode »

I have both a PS3 and Xbox, so If i can trade them in for both I will. However on the launch of the new consoles I wil mainly go back to PC.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: french people are bad at invading things, imagine how embarrassing it would be to have them invade your bum?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, or knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
xX1AcidRain1Xx
Xbox360 MW3 Commander
Xbox360 MW3 Commander
STEAM: xx1acidrain1xx
BATTLE.NET: Raindawgify
XBOX Gamertag: xX1AcidRain1Xx
LoL Name: Raindawgify

Post by xX1AcidRain1Xx »

I too will stick with PC gaming, however if Xbox is backwards compatible i may upgrade
Gamer tag: xX1AcidRain1Xx
Tactician Master
TX-Gaming
Hidden content:
Emergency Self-Termination Sequence Activated
congrats,
you should feel confused
Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet

Post by Infinitii »

No the xbox is rumoured to be fully backwards compatible, and even enhance the game through various things including performance boosts and xbox 720 add ons.

Why is everyone wanting to stick with PC. PC isn't as good for FPS, racing, adventure, fantasy and almost every type of gaming.
The prettiest colours!
Jay
Omicron Private
Omicron Private
STEAM: unknownjay6

Post by Jay »

Infinitii wrote:PC isn't as good for FPS, racing, adventure, fantasy and almost every type of gaming.
The PC is better in pretty much every type of gaming genre than console.
xX1AcidRain1Xx
Xbox360 MW3 Commander
Xbox360 MW3 Commander

Post by xX1AcidRain1Xx »

Jay wrote:
Infinitii wrote:PC isn't as good for FPS, racing, adventure, fantasy and almost every type of gaming.
The PC is better in pretty much every type of gaming genre than console.
plus i dont have to buy a new game console every few years whereas i can spend a few $20 to upgrade my system, plus i can get games free like borderlands 1 or 2 , plus old gen games like mario and whatnot
Tactician Master
TX-Gaming
Hidden content:
congrats,
you should feel confused
Sunny
LoL Member
LoL Member

Post by Sunny »

There is one big plus on PC:

YOU CAN BE A PIRATE

YO HO HO
Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet

Post by Infinitii »

I don't want this to turn into a pc vs consoles topic, but it must be said PCs suck at gaming compared to consoles because:

upgrading in the long run to get console like smoothness will cost probs 5 times more than a console
Less innovation in PC games (motion sensors etc.)
PC uses mouse and keyboard most of the time
Consoles almost never make you face any complications with software.
I find consoles are also better if you wanna play with friends when they come over.
I prefer to play with a nice TV rather than sitting close to a computer screen and playing.
Did I forget to mention that PCs become obsolete every 6 months. If you want cutting edge graphics, you gotta upgrade, and tbh I'm not into shelling out the extra money.
There is a stronger community for games I play like CoD for Xbox and PS3 than PC
PC means you'll run into hackers more when playing online.

Conclusion: PC SUCKS

Back on topic: Here's an image of the new PS4 controller. They have added a few features, such as a touch pad. The triggers have been improved for FPS feel which is a plus.

The prettiest colours!
xX1AcidRain1Xx
Xbox360 MW3 Commander
Xbox360 MW3 Commander

Post by xX1AcidRain1Xx »

Ok that kinda did turn this topic into a PC vs Console discussion

first of all, there are two ways, in my option to invest in PC gaming, Laptop or Desktop.
Desktop is obivously the better choice than any gaming system out there since you can buy the best gaming PC or build your own at around $1000 US and upgrade it occasionally and have the best flipping PC/game device out there, it better than game systems cause your not stuck with one set quality or way or playing cause you can plug in a usb xbox controller into any PC and it will work since it is both made by microsoft. Plus you can have your own server which is a great plus to clans and groups like ours. You can also remove your monitor and just pug your Huge 3D-HDTV and play on there without any lag depending on what you spend. Most Xbox devices are compatible with PCs, you just need to download the right software to use it
Laptops are meant for mobility but there are gaming laptops out there around $2000 US that work almost as great as my desktop.

But in the defense of the game consoles, they are excellent for playing with friends locally and they are nice and cheap, which in the case of the majority of the world, is necessary.

So my conclusion

PCs are better for gaming

BUT

Game consoles are more economic and are mostly more reliable since the majority of the world have no understanding of computer terminology

plus the same game titles vary in design and how they run on PCs and in game consoles, but they are too expotential to actually tell which one does a better job

So really PC is only better than game consoles if you can afford it

'nuff said, back to PS4 and XBOX 720

PS4 as always seems like the better console but just like with the PS3 they will sell some sort of app or device that will make it backwards-compatible, plus free online, however, xbox won't need any extras to be backwards compatible and they charge for online, my opinion, there the same machines just with newer engines
Tactician Master
TX-Gaming
Hidden content:
congrats,
you should feel confused
Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet

Post by Infinitii »

xX1AcidRain1Xx wrote:PS4 as always seems like the better console but just like with the PS3 they will sell some sort of app or device that will make it backwards-compatible, plus free online, however, xbox won't need any extras to be backwards compatible and they charge for online, my opinion, there the same machines just with newer engines
I too would've agreed before but after researching a bit I realised we're both wrong. The amount of innovation going on around the consoles is extraordinary. Take this vid for example, I'm not saying it's a great idea, I'm not saying it will work well, it is of course just a concept, but you cannot doubt the innovation and efforts the companies are putting into making these consoles stand out. Something else you won't find in PCs if you ask me.

The prettiest colours!
xX1AcidRain1Xx
Xbox360 MW3 Commander
Xbox360 MW3 Commander

Post by xX1AcidRain1Xx »

Infinitii wrote: I too would've agreed before but after researching a bit I realised we're both wrong. The amount of innovation going on around the consoles is extraordinary. Take this vid for example, I'm not saying it's a great idea, I'm not saying it will work well, it is of course just a concept, but you cannot doubt the innovation and efforts the companies are putting into making these consoles stand out. Something else you won't find in PCs if you ask me.

I fully agreed with that, however that is the future and im talking about the present
which is like taking a DSR and putting gold AND Diamond camo on it
so AcidRain 1 Infinity 1 :troll:
Tactician Master
TX-Gaming
Hidden content:
congrats,
you should feel confused
Hasero
TX Judge - Veteran
TX Judge - Veteran
STEAM: hasero

Post by Hasero »

Keep it to the subject guys. PS4 or Xbox720?

I have no money for either of them, and i agree on this:
Infinitii wrote:No the xbox is rumoured to be fully backwards compatible, and even enhance the game through various things including performance boosts and xbox 720 add ons.

Why is everyone wanting to stick with PC. PC isn't as good for FPS, racing, adventure, fantasy and almost every type of gaming.
I like xbox more. League of Legends and SWRC and SWTOR are the only positive sides of PC gaming.

Its unfortunate i simply dont have any money to buy Xbox gold or BO2, i need every euro dammit.
I'm pretty good at stuff, until people watch me do that stuff
Zeta Squad

Return to “Upcoming games & Software”