Battlefield 4 to be announced on March 26th

Talk about everything which is related to Battlefield 3 in this section.

Moderators: BF3 Leading Council, BF3 Officers

nBurbidge
Battlefield 3 Advisor
Battlefield 3 Advisor
STEAM: nburbidge

Battlefield 4 to be announced on March 26th

Post by nBurbidge »

Hidden content:
Now, let us move on to the orange-tinted images dotting the artwork, and I'll start off with the one that immediately caught my attention: the image near his left arm. The image appears to be portraying a city. Specifically, the skyline of a city. After some digging and zooming in I concluded that this is most likely the Shanghai Skyline, the slim tower in the picture on the left closely resembles the Oriental Pearl Tower, located in the Pudong district in Shanghai, China. This raises another question: Is China involved in this fictional war, perhaps as a playable faction? DICE wants to attain a certain level of authenticity in their Battlefield games, and it would not be authentic to have a map set in the second largest city of China and not make that country a playable faction. China is currently sporting a first place regarding the size of all armies in the world, it would be highly unlikely that they would let anyone walk over them. There already was an unfounded rumor about China being a playable faction in Battlefield 4, but it was just that, a rumor. These subtle hints however gives way to new possibilities.

The picture between the D and the 4 is rather indecipherable at first sight, but upon closer examination it appears to be be two proportionately-sized vehicles. Armored transportation? Infantry Fighting Vehicles, perhaps? The small picture above the ™ mark appears to depict a mountainous scenery on a high altitude, and when you look closer it might appear as if a ski lift is included there. Could this mean that snow maps will be, or are being developed for Battlefield 4? The picture to his right hand is rather hard to inspect as the title blocks the majority of the picture, but it appears as if an amphibious vehicle is rolling out of the water onto a shore or coastal line.

Furthermore we can see an MBT, presumed to be an Abrams, and an IFV on the background of the picture. Also, a rather controversial visual effect might return again as the artwork is being cascaded in a soft blue tint, a visual effect dreaded by a vocal part of the community.

What's your take on all of this? Could the Republic of China Army possibly a playable faction in Battlefield 4? Will there be artic maps in Battlefield 4? Will the controversial blue filter make a return in Battlefield 4? What is your overall impression of this artwork? We'd love to know!

http://battlefieldo.com/threads/officia ... ost-100768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX GPU: Asus Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II OC Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz [8-8-8-24] PSU: Corsair HX750W HDD: 128GB SSD, 250GB SSD, 3TB HDD and 1TB HDD OS: Windows 10 64-Bit Mouse: Zowie ZA11 Keyboard: QPAD MK-80 Headset: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + ModMic Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Monitor: Dell U2414h x2

Battlelog
Infinitii
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
Xbox360 MW3 Cadet
XBOX Gamertag: lnfinitii

Re: Battlefield 4 to be announced on March 26th

Post by Infinitii »

I know I'm not in the BF3 div, but this is one game I am seriously looking forward to hear more about. Hopefully it'll launch with the next-gen consoles.
The prettiest colours!
Barcode
LoL Manager - Veteran
LoL Manager - Veteran
STEAM: Vertebratan
BATTLE.NET: Vertebratan
XBOX Gamertag: Vertebratan
LoL Name: Vertebratan

Post by Barcode »

Battlefield 3 took Years to produce and this comes out in under two. Slightly rushed, or is it using the same basis as BF3? I might give BF4 more of a chance than I gave 3.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: french people are bad at invading things, imagine how embarrassing it would be to have them invade your bum?
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, or knowledge, but rather a lack of will."
nBurbidge
Battlefield 3 Advisor
Battlefield 3 Advisor

Post by nBurbidge »

It will be using the same engine as BF3, but around 80% of its power than 30-35% of it. Also, if you look at the release dates of Battlefield , each game generally comes out two years after the last. DICE are a massive development studio.
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX GPU: Asus Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II OC Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz [8-8-8-24] PSU: Corsair HX750W HDD: 128GB SSD, 250GB SSD, 3TB HDD and 1TB HDD OS: Windows 10 64-Bit Mouse: Zowie ZA11 Keyboard: QPAD MK-80 Headset: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + ModMic Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Monitor: Dell U2414h x2

Battlelog
Wookey
Battlefield 3 Member
Battlefield 3 Member
STEAM: thearmedwookey

Post by Wookey »

Its going to be a definite hit on my wallet because of the game (50eur) and probably Premium aswell (around 40-50eur).
Roooker
Battlefield 3 Member
Battlefield 3 Member
STEAM: rookcss
BATTLE.NET: Rook#2179

Post by Roooker »

Infinitii wrote:Hopefully it'll launch with the next-gen consoles.
Yes it will. Dice confirmed that. They also said that it will be available on the current consoles.
CPU: Core i5 2500k @ 4.2 GHz GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6950 MoBo: MSI Z77A-GD65 RAM: Corsair Vengance 8 GB @ 1600mHz 8-8-8-24 SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 120GB HDD: 2 TB Western Digital Black PSU: OCZ ZT 750W Mouse: Logitech MX518 Key: Logitech Media Keyboard 600 Head: Plantronics Gamecom 777 5.1 Case: Modded Corsair 500R
nBurbidge
Battlefield 3 Advisor
Battlefield 3 Advisor

Post by nBurbidge »

According to the director of Battlefieldo (@jrb1x), the game will feature China in addition to the US as factions, Asian themed maps and a dynamic weather system.

Update: http://battlefield.com/battlefield-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Battlelog
Talel_93
Battlefield 3 Advisor
Battlefield 3 Advisor
STEAM: Talel_93
BATTLE.NET: Talel93
LoL Name: Talel93

Post by Talel_93 »

Really quick teaser :

Sunny
LoL Member
LoL Member
XBOX Gamertag: RokkaFellah
LoL Name: Beatlefield

Post by Sunny »

Seems like there will be underwater fights with submarines. ô.o
Angela Merkel wrote:Das Internet ist für uns alle #Neuland.
Talel_93
Battlefield 3 Advisor
Battlefield 3 Advisor

Post by Talel_93 »

I don't know about submarines but i heard about naval battles,

here are some "leaked information" from a chinese site but there is no confirmation about it : (sry it's in french :p)

Translation :
Hidden content:
technic aspect :
- use of a graphic motot Frostbite 2.5
- dynamic weather effects (rain, snow, sandstorm,fog,,...)
- Come back of the Destruction 4.0 system with more destructibility than BFBC2
- new tessellation technology for water, fields and NPC
- only PC version with DirectX11
- 60 FPS in 720p for PS4 and Xbox 3 version

Solo campaign :
- Story in 2020 during a war between USA and China
- 2 different campaign
- 5-6 hours of duration
- we'll see a famous tower of shaghai being destroyed

Multiplayer :
- 64 players on PC, PS4 and Xbox 3 and only 24 on PS3 and Xbox 360
- Weapon modification of BF3 will be kept with some ameliorations
- non exhaustiv maps name : Diaoyu Island, Tiananmen, Shanghai Bund, Xizhimen, Xizhimen Rush
- New vehicles, such as tanks M1A2 TUSK et PLA Type 99 and planes J20, Y20 et Xianglong
- air combat field extended
- come back of the commandants system
- Micro-transactions which will not uneven de game
- some maps in DLC : Centrale électrique de Dalian, Le Champ Pétrolifère de Daqing, La Grande Muraille de Chine et le grand classique Wake Island

will probably come out in november 2013
original in french :
Hidden content:
Aspect technique :
- Utilisation d'un moteur Frostbite 2.5
- Gestion dynamique de la météo : pluie, tempêtes de sable, brouillard...
- Retour du système Destruction 4.0 avec des environnements encore plus destructibles que dans Bad Company 2
- Nouvelle technologie de tessellation pour l'eau, le terrain et les NPC
- Seule la version PC sera compatible avec DirectX 11
- 60 images par seconde en 720p pour les versions PS4 et Xbox 3

Campagne solo :
- L'histoire pourrait se dérouler en 2020 au cœur d'une guerre entre les USA et la Chine
- Deux campagnes distinctes
- Durée de vie de 5 à 6 heures
- On verra la tour Perle de l'Orient de Shanghai s'effondrer

Multijoueur :
- 64 joueurs sur PC, PS4 et Xbox 3 et seulement 24 sur PS3 et Xbox 360
- Le système de modification des armes de BF3 sera conservé et amélioré
- Liste non exhaustive des maps : Diaoyu Island, Tiananmen, Shanghai Bund, Xizhimen, Xizhimen Rush
- Nouveaux véhicules, dont les tanks M1A2 TUSK et PLA Type 99 ainsi que les avions J20, Y20 et Xianglong
- Aires de combats aériens plus étendues
- Retour du système de Commandants
- Micro-transactions censées ne pas déséquilibrer le jeu
- Plusieurs maps d'ores et déjà prévues en DLC : Centrale électrique de Dalian, Le Champ Pétrolifère de Daqing, La Grande Muraille de Chine et le grand classique Wake Island

Enfin, sachez qu'une sortie en novembre 2013 est évoquée. Il ne reste donc plus qu'à attendre une probable confirmation officielle qui interviendra au plus tard dans 6 petits jours.
source : http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2013/0006 ... eakees.htm
Roooker
Battlefield 3 Member
Battlefield 3 Member
STEAM: rookcss
BATTLE.NET: Rook#2179

Post by Roooker »

Well that sounds interesting. I am curious on how it turn out.

Dice has released 3 small teaser clips:

Prepare 4 Battle: Sea
Hidden content:
Prepare 4 Battle: Land
Hidden content:
Prepare 4 Battle: Air
I didn found it as a seperate video, but is in in this one.
Hidden content:
CPU: Core i5 2500k @ 4.2 GHz GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6950 MoBo: MSI Z77A-GD65 RAM: Corsair Vengance 8 GB @ 1600mHz 8-8-8-24 SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 120GB HDD: 2 TB Western Digital Black PSU: OCZ ZT 750W Mouse: Logitech MX518 Key: Logitech Media Keyboard 600 Head: Plantronics Gamecom 777 5.1 Case: Modded Corsair 500R
nBurbidge
Battlefield 3 Advisor
Battlefield 3 Advisor

Post by nBurbidge »

Apparently the Battlefield Twitter account accidentally leaked that the beta will be starting in the Fall.

Update: http://battlefieldo.com/threads/battlef ... fall.9591/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Battlelog
nBurbidge
Battlefield 3 Advisor
Battlefield 3 Advisor

Post by nBurbidge »

With the press conference held in San Francisco, new information regarding Battlefield 4 emerges to the surface. DICE can finally stop teasing us with pictures and hints - it's time for some cold, hard facts coming straight from the creators. Embargo or not; if we get our hands on solid information, we will share it with you. From a very credible source we can gather the following information being shared with the audience. Buckle up my fellow Battlefield enthusiasts, here's a list of the information and details released at the press conference:

Frostbite 2 is now just a faded memory engraved in the back of our minds. Frostbite 3. No further explanation needed.
Tomorrow, Battlefield.com - the official site of the Battlefield franchise - will get a new design overhaul more fitting to the Battlefield 4 setting.
A new trailer concerning Battlefield 4 will show up on the official Battlefield website tomorrow.
Improved, more efficient destruction will be applied in Battlefield 4. Which, obviously is to be expected with a new Frostbite engine.
http://battlefieldo.com/threads/new-bat ... rged.9662/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leaked in game screenshots.
Hidden content:

Battlelog
Talel_93
Battlefield 3 Advisor
Battlefield 3 Advisor

Post by Talel_93 »

17 minutes of gameplay :D

coming in Fall, there will be a premium pack again (free if you pre-order)

Skcorn
TX Judge - Veteran - BF3 Advisor
TX Judge - Veteran - BF3 Advisor
STEAM: WALKINGDEAD888

Post by Skcorn »

Need a pick-up to Baku, got some business there .........over and out
NOOBING DOES NOT HEAL IMPOTENCE
Hidden content:
Me proud, thank you guys!

Return to “Battlefield 3”