About the game.
Hasero
TX Judge - Veteran
TX Judge - Veteran
STEAM: hasero

Certain changes within SWRC i missed.

Post by Hasero »

Hello guys,

I dont play RepCom on a weekly base anymore, and i most certainly am not good anymore. But something has been bothering me for a while now is these new 'rules' the community made up and believes.

A few years ago, using acp and more then two grenades was normal.

These are not the only things i found when playing on a public server last night. Can somebody explain this to me? Because i think its straight up bullshit.
I think someone started up with these rules because they couldnt find themselves in a position to win a match. So much trouble for so less.

I love ACP and when i use it now, everyone calls me noob or says i have no skill (wich is kind of true :xD:) but i just dont see why?
I'm pretty good at stuff, until people watch me do that stuff
Zeta Squad
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Certain changes within SWRC i missed.

Post by Penguin »

ACP removal and 2 nade limit is only installed on my servers.

Reason: I consider it more noob than conc :D, its not a "community rule" just a Penguin server rule, no different to Instagib. There are other servers if you want to use ACP and I got lots of positive feedback about these limits from members of the community, I wanted to put a few servers up for decent players to get some pub games going, not for noobs^^

Oh except for Vash limiting it to 2 nades on 1337, but thats because of RedCell doing Stormstyle only.

Most BS you read all day^
Pacio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pacio »

That doesn't make sense to me aswell. Everyone should play with his own gamestyle (excepting noob ofc) without restrictions: this is why I don't like nade limits and "no ACP" rule.
RTG COUNTER: 113
Hidden content:
Epic moments with epic team mates!

]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: and btw
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: tea is not that great all in all.
]-TX-[Jay{OmLCpl}: now you've crossed the line
---------------------------------
]-TX-[»ApFeL: u like that expression
]-TX-[»ApFeL: seriously
]-TX-[»ApFeL: gtfo
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmLCom}: srsly
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmLCom}: gtfo
Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever.
NOW DANCE, FUCKER, DANCE!
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

Well this is just repcom haters land

You use acp you are a noob
You use nades you are a noob
You headshot with sniper you are a lucker
You use your blast means you are only good with this
You lose a scrim means you suck even if you won 10 time before
Click for watching:
Atti.
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Atti. »

People are complaining about all weapons in swrc. Using ACP, spamming, fastswitch, ZB make you a noob. Today you need to play blaster only not to be called a noob. :roll:
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Atti. wrote:People are complaining about all weapons in swrc. Using ACP, spamming, fastswitch, ZB make you a noob. Today you need to play blaster only not to be called a noob. :roll:
Unless you have a low ping. Then its "Only low ping blaster" ;)

Most BS you read all day^
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

To not be a noob just use your knife and a bow and its ok but please throw your nades on wall just after spawning
Click for watching:
Apfel
Kappa Private
Kappa Private

Post by Apfel »

Atti. wrote:People are complaining about all weapons in swrc. Using ACP, spamming, fastswitch, ZB make you a noob. Today you need to play blaster only not to be called a noob. :roll:
Am I the only one who got called 'blaster pussy' Oo ?

In my opinion hasero is right, there are many different things that piss of different people. Some are mad about acp, some are mad about spam, some about zb and some about fast switch.
For me its ok if someone is zoomblasting or doing acpcamping as long as i have the same 'easy' possibility to get them killed by nadespam.
Either everything of those gets forbidden (lol) or nothing. But there cant be made a fair deal by only banning some of them.
Pi-Pa-Pacio Image
]-TX-[•Pac¡o.™{OmCpt}: oh god
]-TX-[•Pac¡o.™{OmCpt}: you're so awesome
]-TX-[•Pac¡o.™{OmCpt}: you know i love you, right? :3

Hidden content:

Predator
Epsilon Commander
Epsilon Commander

Post by Predator »

Pacio wrote:Everyone should play with his own gamestyle (excepting noob ofc) without restrictions:
I am sure that when people decided certain weapons were noobing they were not playing with 20 ping. It has become ridiculously easy to hit with all weapons. Throwing 2 nades at someone does more damage than shooting 1 aa shot with a bigger radius as well. People think others are noobs because they use a concussion rifle that almost only kill when it does a direct hit. But running around on maps like engine and depot with a shotgun is okay?

Weapons were removed because they deemed requiring no skill, if you can only get kills with ACP or nade spams you sure don't posses a single ounce of skill in your entire body.
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

Actually I like playing with servers where people use the weapons they want. Noobs are able to play too and if they want to have fun using AA well that's okay

If someone calls me zb noob and shit I just don't care and keep killing them :wink:
Hasero
TX Judge - Veteran
TX Judge - Veteran
STEAM: hasero

Post by Hasero »

On small maps a shotgun can be overpowered. But hey, last time i checked a shotgun was made for close-up combat. Try doing some damage with an ACP in a map like ghosthsip or Garden. (Excluding the vents) Thats a bit more tricky then running around on Engine or Depot.

The fact is that you can come up with a reason for almost every weapon (Except Blaster) to say it requires no skill or just luck or it is simply just unfair.

Rules were set between clans years ago that in SWRC the usage of weapons such as the homing launcher and AA etc. Was seen as noobing. This was a natural and logical decision. But ACP and two nades throwing, meh. Live with it. If you annoy yourself to that go play another game in my opinion. Your just turning a mosquito into and elephant. (Dutch saying, making a small problem into a big one).

@Penguin; No ACP, i cried for hours on your 1vs1 :frown:
SAMO wrote:Actually I like playing with servers where people use the weapons they want. Noobs are able to play too and if they want to have fun using AA well that's okay

If someone calls me zb noob and shit I just don't care and keep killing them :wink:
Same for me, i always have seen it as a challange to not get killed by noobs and dodge there rockets, and kill them
I'm pretty good at stuff, until people watch me do that stuff
Zeta Squad
Atti.
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Atti. »

SAMO wrote:If someone calls me zb noob and shit I just don't care and keep killing them
I am searching especially these people to make them mad on the battlefield.>:)
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

And make sure to use ZB to kill them ;D
Splatter
TX Judge - Veteran
TX Judge - Veteran

Post by Splatter »

Some people seems to hide their fear behind 'he killed me with that weapon, so lets call it noob'. Often the same players try to find new ways, to get an advantage over other player, with 'new' 'tricks'.
Well everyone like he likes, but disable ACP, but using ZB is a bit strange. :ugly:
The best way to avoid to get called noob is, to just stand right at your point and get killed. Other than that, there will be nearly always someone, who got a problem with your gaming style.
Predator
Epsilon Commander
Epsilon Commander

Post by Predator »

Hasero wrote: Try doing some damage with an ACP in a map like ghosthsip (Excluding the vents) Thats a bit more tricky then running around on Engine or Depot.

Horrible example. Ghost ship is a perfect map for ACP.

As for people who likes noob weapons (btw, I don't have much against them unless someone only uses them. Basically the same level of spite against ACP, I don't care if you use it once or twice, but when someone only resorts to camping vents with acp or nade spam you from behind it gets old) why don't we play some matches with noob weapons? Wouldn't it be fun to spam the defenders with EC nades every time you're about to take the flag^^

Return to “Republic Commando”