Sunny
LoL Member
LoL Member
XBOX Gamertag: RokkaFellah
LoL Name: Beatlefield

Re: Certain BIG changes in SWRC

Post by Sunny »

Whats the difference between Fastswitch and Zoomblast? ô.o

I totally agree to Gazette, but times are changing and with it the game..
Angela Merkel wrote:Das Internet ist für uns alle #Neuland.
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

Sunny wrote:Whats the difference between Fastswitch and Zoomblast? ô.o

I totally agree to Gazette, but times are changing and with it the game..
Zoomblast takes 1 second
Fast switch + zoomblast takes 0.3 sec
Apfel
Kappa Private
Kappa Private

Post by Apfel »

Vash wrote:Just saying we implemented a fast-switch detection on our servers which is now almost bug-free.

So in fact we are able to block the following "cheats": centerview, togglebehindview and fast-switch.
And the game gets castrated more and more.

I can remember about 1 year ago when I did not knew about fastswitch you zoomblast/fastswitched our whole 1on1.
So i was wondering if im just retarded or you switch way faster than normally but your response after i asked was just "its skill"..

Why, just to make sure we botch this game for 100%, we dont keep this 2 nade limit from the tourney, mix it up with this fs-protection but for spam and remove acp from the servers. Wouldnt that be great, would it? =)

And why do you think fast switch is a bug? Its a fucking star wars game, every stupid thing in it is unrealistic.
If its an exploit, wtf is the huge dmg difference between a zoomed and an unzoomed shot then?
The concept of the game is that you need more shots to kill someone, unlike some other games like cod or w/e. But with zoomblast we are able to avoid this intention of the game creators - in fact thats somehow the definition of a bug

Please dont turn repcom in a completely other game.

edit: btw as i recognised centerview is not forbidden. I made no input command for it but some keys like pos1 just work as cv - try it on your own
Pi-Pa-Pacio Image
]-TX-[•Pac¡o.™{OmCpt}: oh god
]-TX-[•Pac¡o.™{OmCpt}: you're so awesome
]-TX-[•Pac¡o.™{OmCpt}: you know i love you, right? :3

Hidden content:

SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

game is evolving, you're just fucking it up with disabling fs lol
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

SAMO wrote:game is evolving, you're just fucking it up with disabling fs lol
Yeah and as Apfel said 90% of the guys crying about it were using it 24/7 and calling it "skill" :lmao:

So retarded. Those 0.7 secs before I blast you won't make you good, sorry.

Most BS you read all day^
Atti.
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Atti. »

Live with that guys or leave the game.
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

And why do you think fast switch is a bug? Its a fucking star wars game, every stupid thing in it is unrealistic.
If its an exploit, wtf is the huge dmg difference between a zoomed and an unzoomed shot then?
When you press the reload button during the weapon change you actually interrupt the load animation that can be found in the HUDArms package. It was not supposed to be possible to skip the animation, it's just a bug in this game that people found out randomly and started to abuse for their own purpose (including me). Yes this is Star Wars, it doesnt have to be logical, but using a bug to your own advantage cant be considered as fair.

So everything we did was to create an unofficial patch for the game that is fixing an exploit/bug that LucasArts did not fix on their own, because they didnt support the game anymore when this came up (and I doubt they would have fixed it if it was detected on its release day, because they barely cared about the MP). So we couldnt expect the offical developers to fix it.

Furthermore it is impossible to compare it to the zoom damage, because this on the other hand was actually coded into the game. There is a zoom damage multiplier that could technically be added to any weapon because there is such function in the code/properties of the game.

You wont be able to find a fastswitch option in the game. Simply because it was not intended to exist. From now on everyone will have the same possibilites in RepCom. That's how it should be.

Also you cant compare it to centerview, centerview is used by the games engine to make your aim normal when you spawn. Otherwise you might look on the ground. So that code had to exist otherwise it would be dumb, but it was never supposed to be used during the game.

It is similiar for togglebehindview, it was not made so people can look around vent entries on Engine, it was made because you go into behindview mode when you die. That the reason why the developers created it, not to create a MP cheat. They probably didnt even think about this possibility.

So what exactly has been changed in the retail game? On the public servers, I think nothing at all.

And for competitive matches, exploits and cheats were disabled. That would be appreciated in any game's community, only in SWRC you can find people who consider themself 'good' (and some actually are) complain about it. The game is more balanced right now. The nade limit can even be changed by an admin, I think even a partial admin could do it. So you can just change the settings for your match to whatever you want.

Of course its something different for tournaments, but you will also find different tournament rules for any other game out there. Not only SWRC.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
GazettE
Omicron Sergeant Major
Omicron Sergeant Major

Post by GazettE »

Rofl,I guess this is just an useless post,but seriously, I see no-reason in removing the
fast-switching and no reason about complaining.So what ,Pengu? I am an idiot that thinks that those no-skill guys are playing the game (it might look as a cheat ,but as I said you guys don't like the idea of being killed,trust me, I am not that good and I often get killed by zb,but that's it.Tbh it is a part of the game)...and since you disagree about using zb and fast-switch,let me ask you a thing.Have you ever used it ?...because I am sure you did,but w.e,the game has changed and it's also pretty dead.
Just lock it :slash:
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

GazettE wrote:Rofl,I guess this is just an useless post,but seriously, I see no-reason in removing the
fast-switching and no reason about complaining.So what ,Pengu? I am an idiot that thinks that those no-skill guys are playing the game (it might look as a cheat ,but as I said you guys don't like the idea of being killed,trust me, I am not that good and I often get killed by zb,but that's it.Tbh it is a part of the game)...and since you disagree about using zb and fast-switch,let me ask you a thing.Have you ever used it ?...because I am sure you did,but w.e,the game has changed and it's also pretty dead.
Just lock it :slash:
It is not about zoomblaster. This will not be disabled, of course you can keep zooming and switch to blaster. It is just the instant weapon change in less than 0,1 sec that actually fires shots before the weapon appears in your HUD! That is the only problem here. And that is obviously a bug. Its good that it gets removed. And yes I did use it, I think I was actually one of the first guys to use it.

Zoom as much as you want. That is part of the game. Fastswitch shouldnt be.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

Anyway I'm not gonna stop
GeniuZ
Epsilon Lance Corporal
Epsilon Lance Corporal
LoL Name: Blaow der Boss

Post by GeniuZ »

Penguin wrote:1. Noob weapons were NEVER disabled on public TX servers (they're the servers with TX in front of them, in case you're having difficulties identifying them. I personally find it equally as difficult as mountain climbing), so I have no idea what this BS you are talking about is.

2. How is fast switch a BIG NEW change in SWRC? People have been using it for years now. Oh look a car, thats a BIG NEW INVENTION!!! What is this magic? We can move in little boxes! I didn't see such a thing in my entire life!

Oh and to the BS humans who are still crying about pings because they have peasant Internet connections and get 40 ping to servers in their own country...
GeniuZ wrote:Ye its ridiculous and not that much fun in total.
I'm really sorry that the one ISP available to me gives me about 20 ping to German servers, better than the majority of Germany. I guess I will choose to have no Internet service to make you happy, or perhaps I could try and max out my connection with downloads for you? Maybe I could use my mobile data and play with 400 ping!

I never cried when I played with ALWAYS 40+ ping. Which I still play with on occasion.

Idiot.
okay, definitely mentally retarded.

no need to argue with low-lifes
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»]-TX-[•»GeniuZ«{CWO}«««««««««««««««««
Numb wrote:Lets play Capture the Fag: Grace runs around and u gotta catch him!
[16:41] ]-TX-[•»GeniuZ«{BOSS}: give me a sec!
[16:43] ]-TX-[•nUmb™{OmSMj}: Dude.. Have you got StormSyndrome?

Storm: Das ist kein Flaming, das ist Beleidigen du Hurensohn
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

I'm so happy they let you rejoin Geniuz, you're such a funny little cunt aren't you!

Definitely the biggest bs human around here who somehow manages to convince everyone he's not a completely retarded sub human who quite frankly should have been executed upon exiting the superhighway that is his mothers vagina.

24/7 crying about a game he barely plays and when he does only talking shit. Go back to playing gangsta mate ;)

Most BS you read all day^
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

This discussion is not useful.

Anti-fast-switch-mod has been removed anyways.

Locked.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.

Return to “Republic Commando”