Spawn Protection

About the TeamXtreme Game Servers.
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Spawn Protection

Post by Ironhide »

I guess spawn protection makes sense for DM, TD and public servers, but playing CTF with it is pretty annoying, quite often a player respawns around you when you take the flag.

You cant avoid it since you usually kill them, go into base, take the flag and then they are going to respawn (obviously in their base) and for 2 seconds you cant do anything against them which can be enough for the other play to throw nades or blaster you.

Its the same when you kill someone before he can score from far away (which happens a lot on arena maps) but then they respawn and score while still being protected, that's pretty annoying.

I suggest you reduce it for CTF matches only, and let it stay for TD and the other game modes.

Opinions?

UPDATE: The topic got pretty long right now with quite some offtopic, here is a summary of my suggestion:
Right now the spawn protection is set on two seconds, I suggest to lower it to 0.5 for CTF matches on pvt servers.
Last edited by Ironhide on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
NoLuck/NoSkill
Omicron Private
Omicron Private

Re: Spawn Protection

Post by NoLuck/NoSkill »

Totally agree with you! Please remove the spawn protection or reduce it to a few milliseconds.
ImageImage
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Remove the BS votemap thing first. At least on Public, no one uses except to troll by changing map and DM is always on Hangar, Garden or Arena G9 lol...

Most BS you read all day^
NoLuck/NoSkill
Omicron Private
Omicron Private

Post by NoLuck/NoSkill »

No its not :D

Atleast theres no Depot anymore^^
ImageImage
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Earlier it went from Depot to Arena G9.

I rq instantly of course as did everyone else on server.

NoLuck/NoSkill
Omicron Private
Omicron Private

Post by NoLuck/NoSkill »

Why didnt the people who rq vote for another map? Because i dont think people who dont know how to use the vote system would rq on g9.
But i wouldnt mind removing g9, hangar and garden from the vote selection (if possible) either. Just removing the whole system isnt necessary imo^^
ImageImage
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

I think you mistake 99% of the RC community as being intelligent.

90% still think admin = aimbot.

Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

I personally like Arena G9 on DM.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

2nd post and already completely off topic, removing votemap from public server (or at least Hangar or Garden from DM, way too big and nobody has Hangar) might be right, but you should open a new topic for it.

Id rather like to hear some more opinion about the spawn protection on 1337/CTF.
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Yeah, stop trying to fucking change the game... I'm seriously tired of this shit now, and I'm not the only one. The only time I enjoy RepCom, and even feel like I'm playing RepCom, is when I play with Americans... As Repcom dies more, increased amounts of BS random shit is added that makes it worse. WP8 weps, CS Mod... etc...

There is a reason games have spawn protection so leave spawn protection as it has been for the last 7 years please. All this votemap, changing nade limit, changing spawn settings is just pure bullshit.

Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Penguin wrote:Yeah, stop trying to fucking change the game... I'm seriously tired of this shit now, and I'm not the only one. As Repcom dies more, increased amounts of BS random shit is added that makes it worse. WP8 weps, CS Mod... etc...

There is a reason games have spawn protection so leave spawn protection as it has been for the last 7 years please. All this votemap, changing nade limit, changing spawn settings is just pure bullshit.
And im tired of this bs "stop changing the game". Its just additional content whoever doesnt like it can ignore it and play on different servers, different game modes etc. You dont like CS mod and honestly I saw you playing it like once, so where is the fucking problem when Vash, Storm Narc and I (just some example names) play a 2v2 CS mod match, how exactly does that influence or bother you? What's with all this crying about mods that no one forces you to play? Other Games (UT, Skyrim etc) have thousands of mods, would you complain there as well? No, because no one forces you to use all of them. Neither does anyone in RepCom force you to do so.

And what is the big issue about votemap? We have so many good maps and it really helps to chose different maps, because its boring to play just 2-3 maps. In fact Im very sure 99% of the community appreciates the votemap feature. At least in scrims, Im not playing public often enough to judge about that.

•There are servers with 5 nades (RC server, and afaik did you even host own servers as well, and also you got admin to change the nade limit back to 5 ingame if everyone wants it).
•It's not like we removed CTF and TD and CS mod is the only game mode you can play, in fact we usually play CTF and sometimes switch to CS mod.
•WP8 weapons, seriously, how often did we play that? A few people actually have fun playing it every now and then. Tell me more how exactly it is so horrible for you that some other people play WP8 sometimes.
•Votemap: Whats the problem with playing different maps? If you dont like a map in a match there is still the chat to ask "hey guys do you mind if I change to stamper?". If everyone agrees you can switch the map. Not a big deal.

And about spawn protection, Im just talking about CTF on 1337, not on every game mode and all servers. It is REALLY annoying in CTF matches... Other games have spawn protection too but I doubt that other games have such open maps as we have in RepCom, where you can literally shoot all other the map. Maybe dont remove it entirely but at least not let it stay at TWO seconds as it is right now (looked it up in the editor). Reduce it to 0.3 or 0.5 that should avoid immediate death after spawn but doesnt give the player such a huge advantage anymore.
Last edited by Ironhide on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

Vash wrote:I personally like Arena G9 on DM.
Penguin wrote:Remove the BS votemap thing first. At least on Public, no one uses except to troll by changing map and DM is always on Hangar, Garden
I agree with both of this and with Ironhide's first post
Click for watching:

Return to “Our Game Servers”