LOOKING FOR A NEW MONITOR

Don't know what fits for you? Request a purchase advice from the TX hardware supporters!

Moderator: hife

Jones
Omicron Commander
Omicron Commander

LOOKING FOR A NEW MONITOR

Post by Jones »

I like big monitors with big resolutions. Preferably 500$ or less. For games and HD movies.
Vash wrote:If you don't look like Gollum and you're sure that the girl does not say that cause of her pity, it looks like a good sign.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Re: LOOKING FOR A NEW MONITOR

Post by Vash »

I recommend you 27" with 2560x1440 resolution. Look for ASUS PB278Q or Dell UltraSharp U2713HM.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Vash wrote:I recommend you 27" with 2560x1440 resolution. Look for ASUS PB278Q or Dell UltraSharp U2713HM.
Nice monitors. For the personal feel, I always find ASUS slightly colder and Dells slightly warmer.

For gaming, only real choice is BenQ XL2720T

Most BS you read all day^
NoLuck/NoSkill
Omicron Private
Omicron Private

Post by NoLuck/NoSkill »

Storm and I have the ASUS PB278Q and I think we booth agree that its the best monitor we ever had! :up:

Edit: I'm also using this monitor to watch movies and it works really well. Like with other IPS panels there is no noticable backlightbleeding and the colours are really nice.
For gaming there sure are better monitors with higher response times or 120hz, but if you're not that serious about gaming and want a monitor with a nice picture quality, high resolution, which still works perfectly for gaming, I would totally recommend the PB278Q.
ImageImage
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

I just remembered, as a freedom eagle, you can use Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 2RY18W7125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd be extremely tempted.

Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Penguin wrote:I just remembered, as a freedom eagle, you can use Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 2RY18W7125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very nice!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Jones
Omicron Commander
Omicron Commander

Post by Jones »

Penguin wrote:I just remembered, as a freedom eagle, you can use Newegg.

-This monitor may have up to 1 dead pixel in non-center area panel-

Static Contrast Ratio: 700:1.

What does this mean.Also, what does that mean?

Is big ratio good? cus the ASUS PB278Q has 80,000,000:1

Is that better?

And if my gaming is just repcom, would a BenQ really make a difference? And why is the BenQ resolution lower than the others? Halp im clueless.
Vash wrote:If you don't look like Gollum and you're sure that the girl does not say that cause of her pity, it looks like a good sign.
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Im not an expert regarding PC monitors, but I'd take a brand like ASUS over something I never heard of (in this case Yamakasi) any day of the week. Also because it only has DVI while the PB278Q has HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI. Also the website of that Japanese company cant be set to English, makes it look like a cheap company tbh. They didnt even register witech.com only witech.co.kr

By the way, there are differences between dynamic and static contrast, what you are comparing there with 80,000,000:1 and 700:1 are two different contrast ratios. I dont think you can compare them properly.
-This monitor may have up to 1 dead pixel in non-center area panel-
Im pretty sure something like this is mentioned by every company for their product, even for tablets etc.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Yamakasi only sell in Asia.

However Newegg is one of the only major PC retailers to import them and sell them in that scale. The warranty would be with them, and buying the perfect pixel version basically removes all risk.

NoLuck/NoSkill
Omicron Private
Omicron Private

Post by NoLuck/NoSkill »

Its a korea company ;)

From what i know these companies are just taking B-selections from big rands like Apple and LG that didnt met the perfect standards.
This guy explains it pretty good (@ 3:52):
ImageImage

Return to “Purchase Advice”