32 bits to 64 bits

Moderator: hife

SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

32 bits to 64 bits

Post by SAMO »

Hey,

I pre-ordered Titanfall and got a beta key. I wanted to download it but I can't since the game requires 64 bits.

So I would like to check if my 32 bits computer can handle 64 bits. Could someone help me to check this via TeamViewer/Teamspeak? Also, if it's possible, I would like to upgrade it (I'm using Windows XP).

Thank you!
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Re: 32 bits to 64 bits

Post by Vash »

Unfortunately you can't upgrade/change a 32 bit operating system to a 64 bit one.

You will have to install a new Windows. Either Windows 7 or Windows 8 in 64 bit.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

Vash wrote:Unfortunately you can't upgrade/change a 32 bit operating system to a 64 bit one.

You will have to install a new Windows. Either Windows 7 or Windows 8 in 64 bit.
That's what I was thinking about, and I have been planning to do it for some weeks already. I'll tell you when I will do it!
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Samo wrote: (I'm using Windows XP).

Im currently playing the Titanfall beta, it's a decent game but I wouldnt pay 60€ for it, 10-15€ tops. It's entertaining for a few matches but I doubt people keep playing it very long. So after you upgraded your computer, please cancel the Titanfall pre order and save your money for RepCom 2. :up:
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Vash wrote:Unfortunately you can't upgrade/change a 32 bit operating system to a 64 bit one.

You will have to install a new Windows. Only Windows 7 64 bit is acceptable.
Fixed.

Samo your university likely has Dreamspark Premium, which gives you a free legal copy of Windows 7 Pro :)

Most BS you read all day^
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

Penguin wrote:

You will have to install a new Windows. Only Windows 7 64 bit is acceptable.
Fixed.

Samo your university likely has Dreamspark Premium, which gives you a free legal copy of Windows 7 Pro :)
Really? So I can ask them to give one to me?
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Email the IT department about Microsoft academic alliance/dreamspark premium and ask if they have it :)

Most BS you read all day^
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

I downloaded Windows 7, put it on a CD, rebooted entirely my computer, installed Windows 7, everything is okay now.

You can lock!

Return to “General”