Battlefield Hardline

Skcorn
TX Judge - Veteran - BF3 Advisor
TX Judge - Veteran - BF3 Advisor
STEAM: WALKINGDEAD888

Battlefield Hardline

Post by Skcorn »

Okay, we haven`t talked yet but I allready saw some of you guys playing the Beta.
What do you think??

My personal opinion is, even if it sounds strange because I play wargames and kill other people, I refuse to kill cops.
NOOBING DOES NOT HEAL IMPOTENCE
Hidden content:
Me proud, thank you guys!
NoLuck/NoSkill
Omicron Private
Omicron Private

Re: Battlefield Hardline

Post by NoLuck/NoSkill »

I played 5 seconds, then it crashed.
The next day Origin tried to download the 6 GB again so I uninstalled the beta.

What I've seen on YouTube looks really bad tho. Could've been an Add-On for Battlefield 4 and even then it would not have gotten me exited.
ImageImage
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

bf3s better
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

Battlefield Hardline is 100% BF4.1

I would argue they removed more than they added even. It's 99% the same backend code taken from DICE.

I think this is the first of the Frostbite generation Battlefield games I won't buy... Simply because this 1 year release cycle is bullshit. Battlefield 4 was not a cheap game, I think I paid £70 for the base game and premium. And now they will expect £70 for Hardline + Premium. That's a joke, at least cod is only £30 each year.

Hardline is a glorified DLC, but I don't expect anything more from EA.

Most BS you read all day^
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Penguin wrote:Battlefield Hardline is 100% BF4.1

I would argue they removed more than they added even. It's 99% the same backend code taken from DICE.

I think this is the first of the Frostbite generation Battlefield games I won't buy... Simply because this 1 year release cycle is bullshit. Battlefield 4 was not a cheap game, I think I paid £70 for the base game and premium. And now they will expect £70 for Hardline + Premium. That's a joke, at least cod is only £30 each year.

Hardline is a glorified DLC, but I don't expect anything more from EA.
Couldnt agree more.

The beta is fun, dont get me wrong, but it's simply not worth another 60€+premium. The current version includes bugs that were fixed in BF4, they added really useless features (spraying your emblem on the maps, looks nice, but why?), reviving yourself. Seriously? At first I liked the idea of grabbing ammo and aid packs from your teammates instead of requesting them to drop it, but Crimson got me thinking wether that lowers the requied teamplay too much. So afterall I'm not even sure if that's a good thing or not, leaving no significant and positive change in Hardline compared to BF4. And dont forget the completely fucked up self revive bullshit. They are surely going to remove that, but it seems likey they desperately try to include things to seperate the game from BF4 (injection instead of defibrillators is another example for that).

Last but not least, I think Battlefield is mostly about big scale combats for me, while Hardline will mostly focus on close combat situations. Those exist in some BF4 game modes anyway and are fun to play every now and then, but no reason to buy another game.

I guess I will keep playing the beta a bit more because I like the game mode 'blood money', but dont consider buying it for a second. Seems like a huge BF4-ripoff to me. If BF4 had an editor, this would take a couple of modders about a month or so... It wont be worth buying it if you have BF4 already (which basically was a BF3 upate).

At best I would consider buying it as DLC for about 20$, that's it. But as we all know EA, that wont happen.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander
STEAM: cost2008 + cost2007
LoL Name: TxDC17

Post by DC-17 »

Yeah I was a bit disappointed too. In full honesty when I saw the E3 demo on Youtube, for the first 20 seconds I really really thought I was looking at a fake video (like we have for RepCom 2 you know). To me BF4 should be warefare, not cops vs terrorists :(

But most importantly (because I could maybe have given it a go in the end), I have the impression the graphics are WORSE than in BF4. Am I wrong?

Return to “Battlefield 4”