Samsung Galaxy S5 or iPhone 6?

Don't know what fits for you? Request a purchase advice from the TX hardware supporters!

Moderator: hife

DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Samsung Galaxy S5 or iPhone 6?

Post by DC.LegenD »

I'm going to buy one of these, but which one?

I have arguments for both but I still don't know which one to choose..
Click for watching:
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 or iPhone 6?

Post by SAMO »

Samsung Galaxy S5
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

What do you use your phone for most?

I would argue the iPhone 6+ is more the competitor to the S5.

PS: Do not buy a Samsung, if you want Android go with HTC m8/Sony Z3/Z3c /LG G3

Personally I would get the iPhone 6 or 6+. The hardware might be less powerful but they run much smoother, apps are generally better in every way on iOS. iMessage is also miles ahead of Hangouts. Plus yknow, not being plastic on a £500+ device is always nice. The main reason I would choose iPhone is the support, my phone is something I use nearly all day, if it breaks I want it up and running again ASAP. My battery was performing poorly, took it into an Apple store, they couldn't find an issue but gave me a brand new phone for free. When I tried to return a completely dead phone to Samsung it took them 3 weeks to send me the bag to return it in.

Most BS you read all day^
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

I was first on Iphone 4 and then I had a Galaxy S4 that was much, much much better...

On paper, the GS5 seems much better than the iPhone 6 (quad core vs 2, 16 MP vs 8, full HD screen vs 1334*750, IP67, camera 4K...) and I have more arguments here to buy the GS5 instead of the iphone

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compar ... /8346,8202" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, this is really easy to share files with my computer (memo vocal for example, which is extremly hard to share with a computer on iPhone and this is something I often use because of my job) and the fact that I can easily use my phone as USB key.

But what I like the most on iPhone 6 is the object itself (his design and the fact it is in aluminium as you said Peng), Siri is much better than the shit on GS5, and also the digital recognition which is better than GS5... Also it is 64 bits against 32 on GS5
I can also add your arguments Penguin
Click for watching:
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Penguin wrote:
PS: Do not buy a Samsung, if you want Android go with HTC m8/Sony Z3/Z3c /LG G3
I agree with that, I'd recommend the Z3.

Unless you want this:
Hidden content:
Don't get the 6+, if you want an iPhone take the regular one.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

I was going to give the same argument as Ironhide: the iPhone6 is very (too) fragile and you must handle it with care. Imo GS5 will be a better choice
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

Anyway I was looking for the 6 and not the 6+ (too big) :)

I've tried the 6 this afternoon and really, Siri is great !!

The boring thing on iPhone is the camera.... only 8 MP............ 16 on GS5....
Click for watching:
DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

Well.... I'll go for the iPhone 6 I think
Click for watching:
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

I was first on Iphone 4 and then I had a Galaxy S4 that was much, much much better...
Well, you really cannot compare such devices. The correct comparisons would be.

Galaxy S2 / Note 1 = iPhone 4 / iPhone 4s
Galaxy S3 / Note 2 = iPhone 4s / iPhone 5
Galaxy S4 / Note 3 = iPhone 5 / iPhone 5s / iPhone 5c
Galaxy S5 / Note 3 / Note 4 = iPhone 5s/ iPhone 6 / iPhone 6+
On paper, the GS5 seems much better than the iPhone 6 (quad core vs 2, 16 MP vs 8, full HD screen vs 1334*750, IP67, camera 4K...) and I have more arguments here to buy the GS5 instead of the iphone
Performance hardware is not a valid point to compare. The iPhone does not need more power to run at the same levels of performance, hence 1GB RAM with a dual core CPU benches faster than many quad core snapdragon processors. Full HD is a good point, as it's missing from the 6, but as I said earlier, the 6+ is the true competitor to the S5.
Hidden content:

But if you care about gaming on your phone, the Android phones are better.

Also, this is really easy to share files with my computer (memo vocal for example, which is extremly hard to share with a computer on iPhone and this is something I often use because of my job) and the fact that I can easily use my phone as USB key.
Voice memos sync with iTunes on the iPhone, so you shouldn't have a problem there. The use as a USB key is a valid point however as the iPhone does not have expandable storage, so you might need to buy a costly 64 or 128GB model :/

By the way do not look at megapixel as a value to measure the performance of a camera. My DSLR is 3MP and would shit on any smartphone camera for the next 10 years. The iPhone 8MP is one of the best smartphone cameras around, probably only the Sony Z3 and Nokia 1020 can compare.

PS: Do not fall into the "bendgate bs", yes it happens in very small cases, but it is mostly idiots deliberately trying to bend the phone. My friend has a 6+ and keeps it exclusively in her back pocket and it hasn't bent. She does look a twat though because the phone is massive, too big unless you're 6ft tall imo. Apple have already said they will replace any bent phones.

Ultimately, my suggestion for yourself is iPhone 6 + 32GB USB3 flash drive on your key ring

DC.LegenD
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by DC.LegenD »

Thanks Peng :)

Well the 6+ is really too big. I use my mobile phone like 10-15 times an hour so I know the size of the 6+ will be too much .... I'll go for the 6 and I'll learn how to use itunes without problem lol..

And for the bend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMKJCdC6Hbo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Click for watching:
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Judge »

I moved from Samsung to HTC some months ago. That TouchWiz thing on the Samsung devices does really SUCK.

I like these new iPhone but it's a bit too expensive imo + the standard shits from Apple (can't add SD card/incompatible to micro usb).

PS: Hey all :alien:
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: lol i don't like digimon >:
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: just the first season :>
Hasero
TX Judge - Veteran
TX Judge - Veteran
STEAM: hasero

Post by Hasero »

I got the S5 since samsung has a promotion wich in cludes a free Samsung Tablet (s3), i like it so far.

And im not very fond of Apple products.
I'm pretty good at stuff, until people watch me do that stuff
Zeta Squad
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

The thing is, I never liked Android operation system. It's really different than iOS and that's why, in my opinion, you can't really compare them.

So basically you have to see if you like the operation system and THEN see which specific model you're interested in.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Sunny
LoL Member
LoL Member
XBOX Gamertag: RokkaFellah
LoL Name: Beatlefield

Post by Sunny »

Go for the iPhone6 and be a metalbender. just jailbreak the iOS for having the same function like Android.

but i have to say the iOS-design is much much better
Angela Merkel wrote:Das Internet ist für uns alle #Neuland.
Penguin
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Penguin »

iOS 8 can't be jailbroken atm noob.

Return to “Purchase Advice”