HALO WARS: Review

Moderator: News Report

ninja
Epsilon Lance Corporal
Epsilon Lance Corporal

HALO WARS: Review

Post by ninja »

In case you were living in a anti gaming cave, the popular first person shooter Halo has turned stratagie.

The new Halo Wars takes place 20 years before the first halo game. Back when the humans were still learning about the alien alliance also known as the Covanent. You play mostly as Sargent Forge but you have help from other heroes (like spartans). The story is ok but it's sort of like the series. the covanent is trying to find a super weapon to destroy the humans while the humans try to stop them. in my oppinion the missions are easy and good for getting used to playing an rts on the console.

the game looks awsome. and no matter how many units are fight you don't lag at all. but they could of went into detail when zooming in but other than that its great. the maps are unforchenitly small, and you can't build any more than 50 units which removes the temptation to flood the enemy base with hundereds of troops. the cutscenes looks nice. they're not ingame (like final fantasy) but are awsome nontheless.

i know what your thinking, omg the game looks good but the controls must be awful. lucky for you they're not. the use simlar controls from other console rts games but they perfected it. with help from the d-pad you can go to your base, select any groups of units and jump to different areas of the map.

there are about 15 levels in the game each with a speical acheivement and also a blackbox (which opens unlockables) and skulls which are just like in the previous games. they put alot of time on the multiplayer, with the many maps and up to 3v3 online matches you'd be stupid not to try.

this game is a must buy for halo fans but if your new to the series i'd rent it.
Numb
Omicron Major
Omicron Major
LoL Name: Hveem

Re: HALO WARS: Review

Post by Numb »

Nice review, Ninja!

This game looks awsome btw :owned:
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Post by Ridley »

IMO, the reviews is not that good =/
keep practising
Horst McRandom: wer fanta trinkt
Horst McRandom: wixxt beim scheißen
Noobkill

Post by Noobkill »

i have got Halo Wars for the Xbox360 !
I am a BIIIIIG Halo fan so i luv it ! The gameplay is awersome like the cool graphics! :ops:
So if you are such a big halo fan like me, buy it :D
Some people say that this will be the last "Halo" game... i hope not :(
.............ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıı..:Legend :.lıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı.............
Hasero wrote: 7DS -> 7 guys with Down Sydrom
Scorch2

Post by Scorch2 »

I thought this game was went out in november 2008 :lmao:

Nice review btw :up:
Republic Commando Trues Colors:

Scorch: w00t!!!!! Look !
Sev: It's a fish Scorch. You will get used, the fish also.

Return to “Reviews / Previews”