Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Multipalyer BETA (PS3)

Moderator: News Report

Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Multipalyer BETA (PS3)

Post by Ridley »

With “Uncharted 2: Among Thieves” on the holiday season horizon developer Naughty Dog recently released a closed multiplayer BETA of their newest creation. Everybody purchasing Infamous and a couple hundred selected people will get a key, and with that access to this exciting piece of content. Having won a code from Gametrailers myself I played the heck out of it and am now ready to share my impressions with you guys:

First things first: What's included in the package? Actually pretty much. Everybody who downloads the Beta off Sony's servers will receive a 10 players, team based competitive component and a 3 players cooperative option.
The multiplayer mode consists of 2 maps: The Village, a muddy and rainy South-American village, and The Plaza, a nighttime urban setting. Each of those have 2 game modes to choose from: Team Deathmatch and Plunder, a variation of CTF in which you have to capture and secure a treasure. The hook comes in shape of the treasure being throwable. That's right, you could beat down an enemy with it. The entire game is based on a 5on5 team experience, with teams split up into Heroes and Villains, so don't expect a ridiculous amount of players on one map or your standard Deathmatch. But that's alright, due to the map's perfect proportions and the engaging team spirit. The game is rounded up by a small
perk system, a leveling system, in which you earn Dollars by fragging and scoring, and character selection, ensuring that you will always play as your favorite character.
The developers of Uncharted 2 have also been working hard on new community options. Similar to Xbox Live, you can now party up with your friends and stick together for a long period of matches. However in the current state you are not able to party up with other players after a match, which seems a little odd, since everyone find themselves on a chat-room like debriefing screen similar to Halo 3's after match reports. Hopefully they will add this feature in an upcoming patch.

WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY

As I mentioned earlier, the Uncharted 2 Beta also offers a short segment of the cooperative campaign. You can team up with 2 other players to fight yourselves through waves of enemies and complete team based objectives, such as climbing on top of a building to trigger a door that needs to be opened for progression. In addition there is a competitive score, that's just like the ones you have seen in Halo 3 and CoD:WaW before. To get points complete objectives and kill enemies, and loose them by dying or killing a teammate. The level is only about 10 minutes long, but gives you a great idea how the final game will play like, and for the most part it is a great experience.
You get the same arsenal of weapons in both modes. Old favorites, such as the AK-47 or the Desert Eagle are still included, while new ones such as the FAL Rifle and a ultra-powerful Mini Gatling Gun make their debut for good measure.

Gameplaywise there haven't been a whole lot of changes. You are still able to use almost every object as cover, deliver deadly shots in 3rd person mode and the old “climb everything” feature also works for multiplayer. There have been some tweaks though: Reloading happens really fast compared to the first game, the cover system works even better than before with some added moves and grenade throwing has been put on the L2 Button. Other than this there isn't a whole bunch to say. The gameplay still works and feels great.

WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY!

On a visual level Uncharted 2: Among Thieves looks absolutely stunning. It manages to impress in all areas, but what stands out the most is just the plain amount of detail this game features. All the environments look extremely realistic and sometimes even photo realistic. Facial animations and expressions are especially impressive and (exept for Crysis) there is nothing that can reach the game's visual presentation at the moment
Unfortunately you will be reminded constantly that the game is still in the BETA phase and simply not finished. You will run into a minimum of 2 minor glitches per match and in the coop mode there are even whole gamebreakers. If you don't pay attention you might get stuck in a car and have to commit suicide, because there is no other way out. But given the game is not finished at all, all this can be forgiven.

Overall the Uncharted 2 multiplayer BETA is just a small taste of what to come, but what a taste it is! I am truly sorry for every single person that is not able to experience this hell of a game, and I am sure that when it comes out, Sony's server will be rocking for months to come. I can tell you one thing: You got my pre-order Sony, you got it.
Horst McRandom: wer fanta trinkt
Horst McRandom: wixxt beim scheißen
Sharp
STEAM: gr4nge
XBOX Gamertag: TXtr Sharp

Re: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Multipalyer BETA

Post by Sharp »

looks pretty cool. might get it if i hav any money after getting COD MW2 (twice), AC2, Splinter Cell and Dead Rising Two
viva
xoxo Fanatiker
xoxo Fanatiker

Re: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Multipalyer BETA (PS3)

Post by viva »

nice stuff ur the right one for this ridley!
you can´t ban me ":D"
first sotm winner who only has paint!
**United Federation of Awesomeness**

xoxo
Almy
Xbox360 MW3 Private
Xbox360 MW3 Private

Post by Almy »

looks funny xD
]-TX-[ALmYY.{Kappa.Colonel}
Fash
Omicron Colonel
Omicron Colonel

Post by Fash »

looks cool
Numb
Omicron Major
Omicron Major
LoL Name: Hveem

Post by Numb »

Looks good. Nice written!
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Post by SAMO »

looks nice ( Haha :P )

Nice written ye !

Return to “Reviews / Previews”