Modern Warfare 2

Moderator: News Report

Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Re: Modern Warfare 2

Post by Ridley »

If there were a multiplatform game, let's say CoD4, and i would have a console and a PC that can put out an equal amount of graphics power i'd definately go for the Pc version.
But if you have a PC that is not equal, i would go for the console version. It may take some getting used to, but if you cranck up the sensitivity you can be almost as precise with a gamepad than with a mouse. But only almost. In this regard the PC will always have an edge over the console counterparts.
As far as mulitplayer modes or campaigns are concerned consoles have much better games to offer in my opinion. Franchises like Halo, Killzone or Gears of War can only be found on consoles (exeptions due to microsoft desperate attemt to promote it's "Games for Windows" platform are exceptions) and perfectly optimized for the controlles. The reason for this is not that consoles are so much more awesome, but simply because the console market is about 80% of the total market share, meaning that the publishers just go where the money is.
Horst McRandom: wer fanta trinkt
Horst McRandom: wixxt beim scheißen
Night8lade
Zeta Private 1st Class
Zeta Private 1st Class

Post by Night8lade »

Ridley wrote:If there were a multiplatform game, let's say CoD4, and i would have a console and a PC that can put out an equal amount of graphics power i'd definately go for the Pc version.
But if you have a PC that is not equal, i would go for the console version. It may take some getting used to, but if you cranck up the sensitivity you can be almost as precise with a gamepad than with a mouse. But only almost. In this regard the PC will always have an edge over the console counterparts.
As far as mulitplayer modes or campaigns are concerned consoles have much better games to offer in my opinion. Franchises like Halo, Killzone or Gears of War can only be found on consoles (exeptions due to microsoft desperate attemt to promote it's "Games for Windows" platform are exceptions) and perfectly optimized for the controlles. The reason for this is not that consoles are so much more awesome, but simply because the console market is about 80% of the total market share, meaning that the publishers just go where the money is.
One big reason why console market is that big, is b/c of pirating. If no one pirated at all, then the PC would be a much bigger part of the market. However, when alot of people always pirate the games instead of buying them, the people who made the games will earn alot less money, and instead focus more on consoles.

As for the controller being worse than a mouse and keyboard setup, i disagree. If i had a copy of Halo 3 for my PC, then i would much rather play with my controller than mouse and keyboard, and as long as i spent enough time playing, i'm certain that i would be able to become as skilled with the controller, as i could have been with a mouse and keyboard. By the way, i don't really care that much about graphics either. Even if my computer had alot worse graphics than my 360, i'd probably still prefer to play on the computer.
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Post by Ridley »

Night8lade wrote:One big reason why console market is that big, is b/c of pirating. If no one pirated at all, then the PC would be a much bigger part of the market. However, when alot of people always pirate the games instead of buying them, the people who made the games will earn alot less money, and instead focus more on consoles.
Well i think it's more because 80% of the market are consoles than the pirating. But pirating is definately one of the negative points, that's true. But i don't think that without it the PC would be that dominant.
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Ridley wrote:Well i think it's more because 80% of the market are consoles than the pirating.
Almost everyone has a computer at home (84% in Germany do), but not everyone has a PS3/Xbox 360, so I strongly doubt that only 2 out of 10 have a computer but 8 have a console. And even when you only count gamers, I know far more guys playing on a PC than on a console, or at least both.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Night8lade
Zeta Private 1st Class
Zeta Private 1st Class

Post by Night8lade »

Ironhide wrote:
Ridley wrote:Well i think it's more because 80% of the market are consoles than the pirating.
Almost everyone has a computer at home (84% in Germany do), but not everyone has a PS3/Xbox 360, so I strongly doubt that only 2 out of 10 have a computer but 8 have a console. And even when you only count gamers, I know far more guys playing on a PC than on a console, or at least both.
What Iron said.
Lethal
TeamXtreme Monkey
TeamXtreme Monkey

Post by Lethal »

i dont understand why u would prefer to play on pc but use a controller from a console nightblade...that doesnt make sense to me
Last edited by Lethal on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BITCH I OWN YOU
Ridley
Friend of TeamXtreme
Friend of TeamXtreme

Post by Ridley »

Ironhide wrote:Almost everyone has a computer at home (84% in Germany do), but not everyone has a PS3/Xbox 360, so I strongly doubt that only 2 out of 10 have a computer but 8 have a console. And even when you only count gamers, I know far more guys playing on a PC than on a console, or at least both.
I'm talking about 80% of the market share, not the spread of consoles and the PC. I know that almost everybody has a PC, but that's not where the companies make most of their money.
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Lethal wrote:i dont understand why u would prefer to play on pc but use a controller from a console nightblade...that doesnt make sense to me
Higher resolution, better configuration etc.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Night8lade
Zeta Private 1st Class
Zeta Private 1st Class

Post by Night8lade »

Lethal wrote:i dont understand why u would prefer to play on pc but use a controller from a console nightblade...that doesnt make sense to me
Well, honestly it doesn't to me either. It's just that i prefer the controller over the keyboard+mouse and the computer over the 360 i guess. And besides, i have to pay money to play online on the 360. That just becomes too expensive in the long run.

Return to “Reviews / Previews”