I/O Error

Moderator: hife

Jones
Omicron Commander
Omicron Commander

I/O Error

Post by Jones »

the request could not be made because of an I/O error
That what the error says when I try transferring stuff to my external hard drive. It'll work for sometime but then that error happens and idk what to do.
Vash wrote:If you don't look like Gollum and you're sure that the girl does not say that cause of her pity, it looks like a good sign.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Re: I/O Error

Post by Vash »

USB? Did you buy it recently or is it an old one?
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Jones
Omicron Commander
Omicron Commander

Post by Jones »

Its like 1-2 years old. It is USB.
Vash wrote:If you don't look like Gollum and you're sure that the girl does not say that cause of her pity, it looks like a good sign.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

Either the controller (what converts your HDD to USB) is damaged or the HDD itself is. There is also the possibility, that the USB controller of your motherboard is damaged.... you should try it on another computer.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Jones
Omicron Commander
Omicron Commander

Post by Jones »

It might be cus i dropped it. Ill check it with other USB cables and other computers...

Return to “Hardware”