TR/Spy.41472.6

Moderator: hife

Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

TR/Spy.41472.6

Post by Ironhide »

Maybe some of you already noticed in the past couple of days that there's a trojan going around in the community. Once a computer is infected your messenger will send a link to your friends which contains the trojan, probably you already received this message once.

That's how the message looks like:
NAME: wie findest du das foto :D
NAME: "images.photobucket.mylexa.com/show_images.php?id=3&image=IMG0737830249202010.JPG"
(I removed the hyperlink sothat you wont open it randomly)

However, once you're infected there is no way yet to clean the computer (no, not even with G Data^^). Even if your AV says it removed or put it under quarantine there will probably still be infected, undetected files.
However if you have (or think you had) this trojan on your computer, save your private data on a different HDD (it is important that you only save such things as movies, pictures etc. no .exe, .bat files) and reinstall Windows. Once you did this, you have to change all your passwords.

If you want to check if you have this trojan on your PC, download this tool and scan your PC:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

But even if it says it removed the trojan, there is a high risk that some files are still infected so you should reinstall Windows anyway.

But it would be better if you just do not open the link anyway. ;-)

I hope you guys will be carefull.

For more information open this link (German):
http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?pa ... dID=114764
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
SAMO
Omicron Captain
Omicron Captain

Re: TR/Spy.41472.6

Post by SAMO »

Well that's a good topic, but when I receive a message like this one I just close the windows and block the user.
Acer
Veteran
Veteran
LoL Name: AcerXtreme

Post by Acer »

Thanks to let us know, Iron!
ToXic

Post by ToXic »

1. Format your Hard Disk
2. Install Linux
3. ???
4. PROFIT

(oh and don't forget to change your passwords tough ;))
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

ToXic wrote:1. Format your Hard Disk
2. Install Linux
3. ???
4. PROFIT

There are less trojans and viruses for Linux than for Windows, but you can not run all programs so it would not be my first choice. If you just act carefully with Windows there should not be many problems at all.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

ToXic wrote:1. Format your Hard Disk
2. Install Linux
3. ???
4. PROFIT

Linux...

Stop bringing the mentality of the Heise-Forum in here...
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.
Judge
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Judge »

I have been infected like 2 years ago, and my brother has succesfully removed it from my computer with using about 5 different anti-virus. Actually, the same virus was divided in several files so it was quite hard to find all of them...
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: lol i don't like digimon >:
]-TX-[•Pac¡o{OmCom}: just the first season :>
S.T.O.R.M.
Veteran
Veteran

Post by S.T.O.R.M. »

Thanks for letting us know. Luckily I never had problems with such things before. Linux is no option for ppl who want to play. I use both systems: Linux and Windows. Distributions like Ubuntu are very good but it's better for office work and programming.
-=INSTA-GOD=-
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: when storm says brb
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: i alt tab
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: and read the news.
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: usually can get to about page 157
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: before hes back
Vash
Grand Commander
Grand Commander

Post by Vash »

S.T.O.R.M. wrote: but it's better for office work and programming.
How exactly is it better?

I don't see a difference actually. We have Open Office e.g. also for Windows. There is no difference between the Windows and the Linux version. And all important coding frameworks and environments also run with Windows.

The only argument for Linux are computer which are ONLY running Office and some internet things etc. Then you can save money if you don't need to buy Windows.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200 - Motherboard: ASUS B350-Plus - SSD: Crucial P3 1TB - Video: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 3070 Mini - Monitor: Lenovo Q27q - Sound Card: Onboard - Speakers/Headphones: Teufel Concept G THX 7.1 - Keyboard: Cherry MX-Board 1.0 - Mouse: Logitech G400 - Case: Lian Li PC-A70B - PSU: Enermax Modu87+ 700W OS: Windows 11 Pro x64
[18:30] -=TAG=-Snoop: Okay, Thank you, and sorry for interrupting your ingenious laboratory work Professor Vash.

Return to “Software”