Suggestions for the next PROMOD patch

Everything about custom mods for Republic Commando!

Moderators: Sanchez, RepCom Modding

Acer
Veteran
Veteran
LoL Name: AcerXtreme

Re: Suggestions for the next PROMOD patch

Post by Acer »

What about the Flash and Smoke nades Iron?
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

S.T.O.R.M. wrote:Ok, cool! But we should first install it when Vash copied the patch to the servers. Can you please to it, Vash? Doesn't take much time the 1MB patch :up:
He already put it on the server. :-)
He did, zooming now does shield+55% of life while no zoom does shield+24%. So zooming now has maximum 2 hits to kill while not zooming could need 5 hits to kill... :nutty:
That's not true.
I did not touch the unzoomed damage, you do not need 5 shots now it stays as in 1.1b (sniper damage from 1.1b was actually not even touched from retail). So you currently are complaining about the retail sniper damage - placebo effect?
Just the zoomed damage with sniper is increased a little bit, it has 25% more damage than unzoomed - in retail it was 100% more damage and in 1.1b 10%.

@Acer:
Did not change them, we still work on the flash nades but it was too less time to get them working.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
Predator
Epsilon Commander
Epsilon Commander

Post by Predator »

Ironhide wrote: I did not touch the unzoomed damage, you do not need 5 shots now it stays as in 1.1b (sniper damage from 1.1b was actually not even touched from retail). So you currently are complaining about the retail sniper damage - placebo effect?
Just the zoomed damage with sniper is increased a little bit, it has 25% more damage than unzoomed - in retail it was 100% more damage and in 1.1b 10%.
Thats the thing you didn't touch it, it stupid that shooting normal shots does less damage than with zoom, and of course you don't need five shots but that's the maximum number of hits it takes (if the shield goes up between hits). I actually showed this to you last night shooting Zarbon 5 times, so he can probably vouch for that. Yes it's true you can do it in two shots if they hit like 1-3 seconds after each other but that was possible even with zooming before 1.1c.

Basically I don't think a weapon should do more damage when it's easier to hit with it, I think most people would agree hitting with unzoomed in 100 meter would require more skill than if you zoomed. So why should the shot that requires more skill do less damage?

Oh and just saying, you might want to look up what "placebo effect" actually means...
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

It is pointless to discuss with you about that. I'm not going to continue this.
Numb
Omicron Major
Omicron Major
LoL Name: Hveem

Post by Numb »

Unzoomed and zoomed damage should be about 60% of the health, if that's possible?
S.T.O.R.M.
Veteran
Veteran

Post by S.T.O.R.M. »

Predator, the problem is that nobody knows how to change the sniper damage. There's only a entry for changing the zoom dmg. There's a multiplier implemented so you can say you want e.g. 1.5 x dmg of non-zoom dmg. So in contrast to blaster and other weps there's no extra entry for the normal dmg. - or unfortunately nobody could find it up to now. This is why we had to change it via zoom. But if you want to spend some time on finding this, here's your chance.
-=INSTA-GOD=-
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: when storm says brb
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: i alt tab
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: and read the news.
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: usually can get to about page 157
[00:52] ]-TX-[•Penguin{DivCom}: before hes back
Lionheart

Post by Lionheart »

S.T.O.R.M. wrote: But if you want to spend some time on finding this, here's your chance.
lawl hes just interested in ACP :wink: #
Well I like the ProMod stuff, its great to see your still working hard on it.
» Deviantart «
TIME TO RAWR !
I guess he got the message.
VAsH wrote:[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: FEIERABEND WIE ER SPAMMED.... KRÄFTIG, DEFTIG, WÜRZIG, BÄM. SPAMMERSCHE AUS DEM JUNGLELOCH FRISCH AUF DIE MAP SO WILL'S DER BRAUCH.
[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: Storm's Hymne.
Predator
Epsilon Commander
Epsilon Commander

Post by Predator »

S.T.O.R.M. wrote:But if you want to spend some time on finding this, here's your chance.

I'm no expert on this but that's what Phobos sent me, he said it works. He also mentioned something about possibility to change it from console in-game, again I'm no expert but he said it works.
S.T.O.R.M.
Veteran
Veteran

Post by S.T.O.R.M. »

Oh, this looks fine. We always activated the placeable classes only. Yes, you can change it from the console, that's right. You can change everything from there - you just need the right path. Alright, thanks to you and Phobos, we'll change this in the next patch.
The new C-Patch works absolutely fine btw - the std nades are better. ProMod is rly cool now and it's much more fun than retail.
-=INSTA-GOD=-
Predator
Epsilon Commander
Epsilon Commander

Post by Predator »

Yes of course you can change everything from there, I was mostly saying he knows how to. Btw sorry for leaving scrim earlier, phone rang and something came up.

Also my suggestion would be sniper doing shield+50% of life(for both normal and zoom). Still two shots to kill, and if you are hit once you still have some chance to survive a nade or if he switches to blaster to finish you off.
Numb
Omicron Major
Omicron Major
LoL Name: Hveem

Post by Numb »

Nice! Promod should work really smooth now. :)
TheSold3y
STEAM: svengiesselmann
BATTLE.NET: Sold3y
LoL Name: TheSold3y

Post by TheSold3y »

It DOES work really good now :)
S.T.O.R.M.
Veteran
Veteran

Post by S.T.O.R.M. »

Predator wrote:Yes of course you can change everything from there, I was mostly saying he knows how to. Btw sorry for leaving scrim earlier, phone rang and something came up.

Also my suggestion would be sniper doing shield+50% of life(for both normal and zoom). Still two shots to kill, and if you are hit once you still have some chance to survive a nade or if he switches to blaster to finish you off.
This is exactly what we want to do. It'll be fixed in the next patch.
-=INSTA-GOD=-
DC-17
1st Commander
1st Commander
STEAM: cost2008 + cost2007
LoL Name: TxDC17

Post by DC-17 »

1.1c is awesome, so are the smoke nades ! Only the flashnades seem not to be efficient.

Also, we made some tests with genius and it seems the 20% + damages with the ironsight of the blaster don't work. Am I correct?

By the way, would it be possible to change the location of the 2 nades in Oldengine, near the blue base entrance, next to the MV ? this allows nadespamming. Maybe we could put them near the ACP, because it's easier to dodge a spam from there.
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Also, we made some tests with genius and it seems the 20% + damages with the ironsight of the blaster don't work. Am I correct?

By the way, would it be possible to change the location of the 2 nades in Oldengine, near the blue base entrance, next to the MV ? this allows nadespamming. Maybe we could put them near the ACP, because it's easier to dodge a spam from there.
I already foudn the ironsights mistake, it does not work as it should.

And nades besides ACP would bring us the most noobish gameplay ever, nadespam + ACP. :P

Return to “Modding Republic Commando”