PFW MAPPACK 2010 SE

Everything about custom maps for Republic Commando!

Moderators: Sanchez, RepCom Modding

frazscotland

PFW MAPPACK 2010 SE

Post by frazscotland »

Last edited by frazscotland on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
Lionheart

Re: PFW MAPPACK

Post by Lionheart »

Hm...
Liked the style of some maps, but then I saw those noob weapons :>
Last edited by Lionheart on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
» Deviantart «
TIME TO RAWR !
I guess he got the message.
VAsH wrote:[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: FEIERABEND WIE ER SPAMMED.... KRÄFTIG, DEFTIG, WÜRZIG, BÄM. SPAMMERSCHE AUS DEM JUNGLELOCH FRISCH AUF DIE MAP SO WILL'S DER BRAUCH.
[17:35] ]-TX-[•VAsH™{GrCom}: Storm's Hymne.
Faint
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Faint »

there are some rly nice ideas/maps and playing there with more than 16 players would be fun ;)
^Thanks, Sceaga
]-TX-[•Faint™{Th2Lt}
Ironhide
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Ironhide »

Faint wrote:there are some rly nice ideas/maps and playing there with more than 16 players would be fun ;)
I actually can not agree with that, on most of the shown maps the brushes are not placed well (very bad actually) so you'll get stuck everywhere while playing.. Also the textures are not fitting and often there are none or just a few static meshes - and then often placed bad, like half in a wall or in the air. They should definetely have a look on these maps again and fix all that, maybe they got some nice ideas but have not worked good in my opinion. Often the light fails as well, it is either too bright and the walls are just completely white because of that, or it is just the ambient light without any shadows and darker/brighter areas and that becomes boring very fast.
Well that does not count for all maps of course, there are also a few ones I like but the first ones and and very last are horrible, just as others in between.

But these buildings in the air does not look bad, reminds me on Bespin.
Also the Hoth map looks interesting, but is probably not well playable since you can barely see anything in the fog.
The answers in the mapping section are always pretty similiar, just as in the movie section.. Everyone is just posting "nice" or "awesome" but either did not even had a look or are just too lazy to explain their opinions better or even being honest.

Criticism is not bad, it will help the one who made these maps to improve them or make betters ones next time.
Narcissus: You never miss more than 2 sniper shots in a row. Never have.
frazscotland

Post by frazscotland »

ja not every map a mapper makes is excellent and sum those maps are so old i think. Hey id luv it if PFWSKIP and u guys could get together and make sum rippin stuff, Make it so !! i think the nu-est map is the ice map and its over 1yr old as skip has been mainly concentrating on scripting since then and also mind he makes swbf mods also ! i luv the cloudcity map (when you play it its so good )and the ice map (but skip still didnt finish that ice map he meant to add extra stuff !) also CCP IV map the space map what you dont see is that you kan jump in the xwing the tiefighter and the tie shuttle and fly over to the other hangar !!! haha neat eh :wink:
TheSold3y
STEAM: svengiesselmann
BATTLE.NET: Sold3y
LoL Name: TheSold3y

Post by TheSold3y »

Ironhide wrote:
Faint wrote:there are some rly nice ideas/maps and playing there with more than 16 players would be fun ;)
I actually can not agree with that, on most of the shown maps the brushes are not placed well (very bad actually) so you'll get stuck everywhere while playing.. Also the textures are not fitting and often there are none or just a few static meshes - and then often placed bad, like half in a wall or in the air. They should definetely have a look on these maps again and fix all that, maybe they got some nice ideas but have not worked good in my opinion. Often the light fails as well, it is either too bright and the walls are just completely white because of that, or it is just the ambient light without any shadows and darker/brighter areas and that becomes boring very fast.
Well that does not count for all maps of course, there are also a few ones I like but the first ones and and very last are horrible, just as others in between.

But these buildings in the air does not look bad, reminds me on Bespin.
Also the Hoth map looks interesting, but is probably not well playable since you can barely see anything in the fog.
The answers in the mapping section are always pretty similiar, just as in the movie section.. Everyone is just posting "nice" or "awesome" but either did not even had a look or are just too lazy to explain their opinions better or even being honest.

Criticism is not bad, it will help the one who made these maps to improve them or make betters ones next time.
I do fully agree with him. Most of PFW maps LOOK good but are NOT good for matches. I posted a topic about this some weeks ago ;)
frazscotland

Post by frazscotland »

I update this mappak same as the others with custom mp loadscreen :wink:
frazscotland

Re: PFW MAPPACK 2010 SE

Post by frazscotland »

I update this mappak now feautures animated loadscreens and includes a previously unreleased map by CCP IV LAVA :wink: :cuinlove:

Return to “Mapping Republic Commando”